Reflecting Teaching and Learning

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week 10, Discussion: Advice to Future Participants



Today a friend of mine called me and said she got a chance from this course. ( in fact I shared the link with lot of friends and requested them to apply.) So I have already started advising her on what to do and what not to do.

Do's
Decide a time specially for this course work and do it daily.
Have a good internet connection.
Try to explore the tools which are emphasized in each week.
Try to connect the tools to your teaching.
Always participate in the discussions and share your experience.
Remember the good manners when doing posts on the discussions.
Give yourself time to do all the necessary readings.
Do lot of research on the internet.
Download the readings on a separate folder.
Keep all the links where you can find easily (like delicious.com).
Be careful with the time difference if there is any synchronous discussion.

Don'ts
Do not wait until the last moment.
Do not skip the readings.
Do not try to be over confident.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Roza,

    While reading your post I realized that it was actually going to be one of the last comments that I was writing while in course. I must confess it made me really sad. I can't imagine that the time flew so fast.
    We learned so much and now we are sharing our experience with our colleagues. Your Do's and Don'ts list is impressive. I am sure your peers will get a lot of useful information and knowledge from you.
    I hope we'll keep in touch.

    Best of luck,
    Elmira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elmira for your encouraging comments.

    I surely will miss all these discussions and commenting of our colleagues.

    I Hope we will keep in touch and good luck to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Rosa

    Time flies! I cannot believe this is the last week of this resourceful course.
    First of all, I am very grateful to you because I learned so much from your posts and your original "Do's and Dont's" I suppose all of these are based upon your experience as a teacher and education you have had. I respect all of them very much.

    Here again, I am now looking back on what we have learned with your blog and "Do's and Dont's" above.

    Thank you again, and hope you develop your career as a teacher/lecturer with technology!

    Best regards,
    Masa from Japan

    P.S. I love diving, and hope to visit Maldives for diving cruising in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Masa for your comments and kind words.

    I wish Good Luck to all of us and hope that you will be able to come to Maldives.

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete