Reflecting Teaching and Learning

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Week 6-Project Task 5: Begin to implement the change



I have started implementing the change related project two weeks back. I am using Voicethread and upload photos and (hopefully videos and audios) for the students to comment using voice and writing. This is to try and improve their communication skills. During week 1 there were some comments from students, however, in this week students have not responded yet.

I feel that this time of the year is not good to start such a project for my students. There are many reasons for this. My students are having their final exam this coming Tuesday to Thursday and as they are preparing for their exam they might not be getting time for this. After their exam they are going for their annual vacation of about two and half months. I have been contacting the students with email and sms and through telephone, however, the response for the Voicethread is very low.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Roza,
    It's nice to hear that you've started with the change two weeks ago. Congrats for that!

    Yes, when the exams come, students do not get time for extra learning or something like that. In my country, only today schools opened after a long vacation of one and half months. That's why, I have not been able to do that yet.

    By the way, thanks for nice comment on my WebQuest. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. But I'm sorry to learn that now yours is also not working. I just tried to open your link just now but it's not working; mine is also not working at the moment. The free website service is of same quality. Never mind, I had also seen your WebQuest, it was very nice.

    Deep, Nepal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Roza,

    It's great that you are already implementing the change with your students.

    But unfortunately during the exams, as also Deep mentioned, the students just do not have time to learn extra things.

    That happened to me too. It's only this week that I've had the chance to start with the change in class.

    Best regards,
    Blerta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Roza and all,

    You already started implementing your project two weeks ago. That's great.:) It sound nice to comment using voice. I would like to try it for my students.

    For me, like Blerta and Deep, it is not good for implementing my project this year, so I decided to modify my project for next year.

    Regards,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deep, Blerta and Alex,

    Thanks for commenting on this blog. I guess we all are in the same boat; not being able to implement the project well. Like Alex has mentioned I will try my project again next year if it doesn't work well this time.

    Thanks all for your nice comments.
    Roza

    ReplyDelete