Reflecting Teaching and Learning

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Week 7 Reflection


There are four tasks this week: a Discussion, a Project Task, and a course Task that I did on Nicenet, and reflective post on the blog. Week 7 was also busy and through discussion and reading I have got many ideas and strategies to use when teaching a class with only one computer and to encourage greater autonomy in my students.
Discussions:
Discussion 1: I read about learner autonomy (Thanasoulas, Sheu, Interconnections) and discussed what I have already been doing and what I could you do to encourage greater autonomy in my students, with and without technology. Then in
Discussion 2: Then I participated in the forum as I am using one computer in their classes, to describe how I use the computer in my lesson how it benefit all the students.
Task: Create a sample lesson for a one-computer classroom
I have created a sample lesson for a one-computer classroom on the topic writing summaries for Advanced Certificate level students (they have got this topic in their syllabus). I have posted this on the Nicenet and waiting for my colleagues comments.
Project Task 6: Suggest a partner for peer review
For peer review I have got Deep as my partner and when we complete our report, we will share it through the link give by Robert and comment on each other (draft report is due to the partner by Wednesday, November 16).
Blog: Weekly Reflection
I have been uploading most of my postings, comments and other work on my blog and commenting of a friend’s blog as well as this is something we have to do each week.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rosa,

    Nice post! It is a good reminder of what we have been doing this week and you mention the most important aspects that were taken into account.

    I have read your lesson plan for a one-computer class, and I think your activities, as well as the links, are interesting. Good job! I just have a question. While a group of students is working and typing the answers or summary on the computer (15 minutes), will the other three groups be taking notes and doing a handwritten work? Keep on with the good job, Rosa.

    Best Regards,
    Genny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Roza,

    I misspelled your name. I apologize.

    Regards,
    Genny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Roza
    Excellent job.Really this week has been busy, but we are learning many importat things. You have done a good summary about we were working this week.
    See you later..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Genny and Felipe,

    Thanks for the nice comments. This is a really busy week for me with all the exam paper marking and result finalizing.

    How about your schools?

    Regards,
    Roza

    ReplyDelete