Reflecting Teaching and Learning

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Comments on sample project reports from past Webskills classes


Just like Nur and Myriam I chose “Building Teaching Skills through the Interactive Web Project Report” by Aleyda Linares from Honduras. I selected this project as I thought it might relate to what I am going to do for my final project.
She has a class of 16 undergraduate students who are 19-30 years old and enrolled in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) program at the National Pedagogical University of Honduras.

She has explained her learners and the setting very well with clear goals of the course and project. However, I wonder how much the project goals are measurable. When I studied the needs of the students, in general it is what most learners need to develop a language. However, she has two goals which specifically relates to what I have thought for my final project.

Develop writing and reading skills to communicate more effectively in English
Develop technology skills to enhance their English language skills

She has mentioned that they have a language lab and because she was the in charge, her students got the advantage of getting time to work on the project every day. What I liked about her project is that she has started blogging with her students and the class blog being as an online resource to practice grammar topics. I believe it is an excellent way of improving language skills especially writing. She found that her students are motivated to learn grammar at the end of the project and I believe it is a huge success.

For my final project I had the idea of creating a blog and then dropped the idea as my students already use asynchronous and synchronous chat sessions in all the lessons and I wanted to integrate a tool which can enhance the oral skills as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment