Reflecting Teaching and Learning

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Reflective Summary of Week 2

There were four tasks assigned for this week and one of them is discussion about search engines. As I have been doing my searches normally through Googles, Yahoo and Bing, it is interesting and rewarding to experience new search engines which are very appropriate and easy result providing. Some of the search engines are specialized for different types of searches for example if you are looking for videos the best and fastest engine is Youtube. I tried different sites like iSeek, Infomine- SurfWax and Intofobia etc. It is good that in some of the sites we can narrow the search depending on what we are looking for. I used to advice my students for Google and Yahoo and Bing as I did not have much information about some of the sites we are trying now. Definitely I will recommend my students some of those related sites in the future.

I completed the second task on ABCD model for behavioral objectives and found that it is not very difficult. I shared some of the objectives for my Study Skills class and found that sharing and discussing the objectives allowed us analyze and think critically about our own objectives as well. Also, following the ABCD style and Bloom’s Taxonomy has the advantage of creating objectives that will fit the students’ needs and different level of objectives.

I have also explored my Study Skills students and described their setting, detailed the technology they have access to for discussion on Nicenet. I have also explained their needs and my overall project goals to cater this need of the students.

In addition, like in the first week I have discovered new technology gadgets and have been sharing them on my blog. One of them is Voicethread. VoiceThread is a platform which enables a community of participants to add audio, video and text comments to graphics, videos and documents. It is really amazing! I also have experienced JupiterGrades which is an on-line grading system to keep track of scores in the Webskills class. This tool can keep parents/students informed about child's grades, assignments, progress, attendance and homework. Moreover, I have been researching and discovering the different gadgets and things I can do with blogging and this week I have learned to change the basic template into a dynamic, more attractive view. I have been sharing these experiences on my blog.

It’s a another great week!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Roza. Voicethread is a great tool to "recycle" week 3. I have experimented with it for a few years and think it has much potential.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete