Reflecting Teaching and Learning

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 2-Discussion on Search Engines


Discussion on Search Engines

This is the second week of the course and the participants are suppose to review different search engines,analyze them in terms of use, advantages and disadvantages for their own classes and post them in the discussion forum on Webskills Fa2011.

I have been using Google, Yahoo and Bing for most of my searches and today I used Noodletools’ and selected ‘Finding the Best Search for your Information Needs’ and tried lot of search engines that came up. I was looking for information on presentation skills. I tried Intute and Infomine- SurfWax, I seek education and Intofobia.

Most of these sites did not give me the result I was looking for. However, when I tried Intofobia, I got just what I wanted; articles on the topic, presentation slides, rubrics, school project presentations etc. I recommend this site for anybody who needs to get quality results and I am going to be using it in the future for my searches.

Roza

No comments:

Post a Comment