Reflecting Teaching and Learning

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Real English

Week 3


Thanks Felipe for posting this link http://www.real-english.com

I have visited this interesting website which is devoted to teaching English, namely listening/viewing and speaking. It contains a set of lessons each of which relies on a video and a “while-viewing” task. I also found that people visit this site because of these reasons:

• Focus on listening and speaking activities.
• Videos with comprehension exercises.
• Speaking activity: Possibility to record voice answering questions.
• Availability of movies of different topics and for different levels and ages.
• Instructions on how to take RealEnglish lessons are well explained on every page.
• Possibility to download and convert the videos formats.
• Quick downloading.
• Good quality videos.
• Sample videos using different dialects
• Some videos are subtitled.

According to the people who were involved in creating this site got the idea due their French students’ experience of having difficulty in normal conversation in the USA or the UK. My kids have the same experience in Australia in 2009. I believe, this is an excellent website (we) English teachers have to use as a resource which will benefit lot of people.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roza,

    Thank you for your interesting post.

    "It's a Small World". I use the same site for a long time.
    Actually my friend recommended it to me. First I didn't pay much attention, I just got registered, but when I got their news every week, I got "addicted" to it.

    Now my students use the site activities to improve their language skills.

    Keep up the good work!

    Elmira.

    ReplyDelete