Reflecting Teaching and Learning

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Reflection of Week 5



During week 5 I have completed 4 tasks; creating a Rubric and Webquest, describing a technology-related change for my project, discussion on PBL and assessment on Nicenet and creating a WebQuest. I think it is important to note that this week we have done some practical work using the some of the tools introduced such as creating the rubric with RubiStar.

Creating a Rubric was the first task I completed and I loved Rubistar which has made work a lot easier for me. It is a great tool which can create rubrics so easily. I have created my rubrics for my study skills class which is Advanced Certificate Level 20 students on persuasive writing.

Problem-based learning (PBL) which we have discussed in the forum is a student-centered learning process in which the teacher acts as a facilitator providing appropriate assistance and scaffolding to the students. In PBL students will have the opportunity to be more interactive while working on different topics and more motivated to participate and to have a better performance. Rubrics also play a role in their learning.

The creation of the WebQuest was a challenging task and takes some time to learn. Then as my technology related change for my project, I decided to introduce Voicethread to my students to try to improve their oral communication through conversation and writing. You can access my Voivethread from the following link.


http://voicethread.com/share/2303788/

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roza
    You've been busy this week. It is exciting to finally get started implementing the final projects!
    Robert

    ReplyDelete